Friday

Happy Earth Day 2016!

Click For Link To Artist

Dear Earth.
You're pretty awesome. I love what you've done with the place. 
I'm a big fan of the trees and hills and sea and stuff. 
I've not even explored a lot of what you have to offer but I hear a lot of it is breathtaking
I'd love to see the deserts, glaciers, and rainforests because they sound extra special.
There's only one thing that I don't like, that's what 'we'-humans as a species have done to you. 
You gave us the perfect conditions to thrive and flourish.
Perhaps we just think that we are so much smarter than you? 
Whatever you can do, we can do better.
It sucks that we don't think about our actions,
I mean, we think about it to a certain extent
-usually, how much profit we can make from abusing your resources or who we can exploit next for cheap labour.
Nature? 
Yeah, it's nice to look at the idyllic surroundings when in reality under the surface is bursting at the seams with OUR waste.
Animals? 
Aww, they're so cute and fluffy unless we're hungry and KFC is the most convenient option. 
We're detached.
We need to wake up and realise that our time on this planet is limited.
Space travel is on the cards for the elite folk but perhaps they should take responsibility for the state of the earth at the moment instead of jet setting to Mars.
The thing is, people are too busy to think about saving the planet. 
We want fast, cheap, convenience and we can leave the future generations to clean up our mess.
I don't want that anymore.
I'd rather take a little extra time and make some well-thought out decisions that won't hurt you or anyone else.
I sincerely hope that more people will change their mind and support you wholeheartedly.
They should because you're awesome and Mars doesn't even have trees yet...

Happy Earth Day Earthlings!

I hope that something somewhere will inspire you to think about the planet in a different way.

This is one of my favourite quotes:
'Never doubt  that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has'
Margaret Mead

Are you doing anything special for World Earth Day?
Thanks for reading :)
Rachelle xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will ALWAYS read every comment and try my hardest to reply & check out your blog so please leave a link :)