This recipe is one of my favourites, so simple to make yet so yummy :) When I was fourteen I used to work in a tiny cafe and they used to make something similar so this is my version...
You will need:
half a pack of digestive biscuits
4 tablespoons of golden syrup
2 tablespoons of sultanas
Approx 8 whole dried dates
(can be soaked in orange juice to give extra flavour)
200g of milk chocolate
1. First break up the digestive biscuits into small pieces using a wooden spoon
2. Melt the butter and the golden syrup over a medium heat, stir until blended
3. Pour the butter and syrup mixture over the broken biscuits and stir. Add the sultanas
4. Chop the dates into small pieces (using scissors is the easiest way) then add to the rest of the mixture
5. Give everything a big stir and then transfer the mixture into a small baking tray
6. Make sure the mixture is compact in the tray otherwise it won't stick together and will crumble everywhere!7.Leave in the fridge for an hour.
8. When the ingredients have set, melt 200g of milk chocolate and spread a thick layer over the top of the biscuity layer. Pop it back in the fridge for another hour.
9. Cut into whatever shape you desire and now you can enjoy your creation-Yummy :)