Wednesday

Graduate Fashion Week 2012

Hiii Everyone,
This time last week I was down in London for graduate fashion week. I'd never been before and it was such an inspiring day full of great collections made by talented students. My portfolio was on show there so I met up with a few girls from my class and we blagged  tickets for the day's shows...
Packed show rooms!
George was the main sponsor of the event at Earls Court
Mock-Croc leather, structured red shift dresses & pencil skirts teamed with vintage video cameras-perfect!
Glitter,glitter & more glitter accessorised with a casual feather headpiece ;)
The most amazing smoke machine dress! Paired with heel-less platforms-incredible!
Love the mint green, neon orange and brown colour palette. Unusual silhouettes but still super-fun
Absolutely love this collection, the colours & prints are gorgeous. I need the high-waisted knickers in my life!
I really like the mixture of digital prints, netting and layering in this collection
Bright and beautiful prints, the turbans looked amazing too
Acid-washed denim, sequin smiley faces & the bralet & high-waisted skirt combo are my favourite right now
Bold colour palette & striking silhouettes!
Really enjoyed this modern day cowboy-esque menswear collection
The grungy biker style collection was gorgeous, seriously fell in love with the leather and embellished jumper
Insane collection inspired by old style musical instruments-accordion dress anyone?
I need an embellished skeleton jumpsuit in my wardrobe! How amazing!
How cute are the polka dot socks with white t-bar school shoes?
Stripes, stripes & more stripes! Jailhouse-chic with full skirts & stripy tights
Another great menswear collection. I really want to wear the quilted maroon jacket and paisley trousers!
Still really into this berry/maroon colour! I really like the patent & knitted texture mash-up!

After viewing all the collections I'm starting to feel really excited about fashion again, After studying it for the last three years I did get a little tired of logging onto style.com and viewing the collections that way but when you see the show 'in real life' its so different! I'm determined to improve my skills on the sewing machine and actually start to make myself some amazing clothes...

I moved back to my mums in the lake district on Sunday and I've spent the last few days attempting to organise all of my belongings! I'm shocked at the amount of clothes I actually have so I'll be spending a lot of time on eBay in the upcoming weeks I think!

Which is your favourite collection? Have you been to GFW before?
Thanks for reading :)
Rachelle xxx

3 comments:

  1. I'm in awe of these talented new designers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I definitely think my favourite collections were the biker grungy and the old styled musical instruments one. They're amazing you're so lucky you got to see them, they're definitely inspiring! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all amazing !
    Love the skeleton jumpsuit !
    I went to graduate fashion week last year and loved it :)
    Glad you had a good time x
    Launa in Ponderland

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will ALWAYS read every comment and try my hardest to reply & check out your blog so please leave a link :)