Monday

Charity Shop Chic: VINSPIRED GOODSTOCK CHARITY SHOP, OXFORD ROAD

Oh hey there,
A few weeks ago I was invited to attend the launch night of a brand new charity shop opening it's doors on Oxford Road, Manchester. Now this isn't you're typical run-of-the-mill charity shop which looks like the remnants of jumble sales from the past 10 years no no no...this is Goodstock a project by vInspired which is a charity that helps young people improve their confidence, gain skills & change the world!
'A creative shopping space for the cash-strapped & fashion concious. For charity.'
As soon as I walked through the door I could tell it was a completely different experience of a charity shop. The shop itself is huge, spread over three floors, with spacious displays so it doesn't feel like you have to scour rails & rails to find a diamond in the rough. All the clothes on the rails are real gems, handpicked to reflect the target market which is ultimately young people. The clothes were in excellent condition & there was a great mix of high-street, designer & vintage garments. All very reasonably priced. The visual merchandising was more alike to Urban Outfitters rather than a traditional charity shop. I absolutely loved all the little displays with pop culture references. It's genuinely a really cool shop.

On the opening night the shop was absolutely buzzing, I bumped into Katie from Gold Dust who I've met several times before which was lovely. There was a street style competition, nail bar, customising group, amazing food & free bar :)

Here's one of the dresses I picked up...Monochrome, mod, high neck, long sleeve? All the things I look for in a dress!

 I'm an avid charity shopper anyway so I'm not bothered by a good old rummage & sifting through old Primark from 4 years ago but I think this concept store will promote charity shopping to a younger generation & make it far more accessible & appealing. I know that whenever I visit Manchester I will always pop in & have a mooch as it's such a lovely environment. The vInspired team should be incredibly proud of there achievement & I hope that it's successes means that they can roll out the scheme to other cities too (include Preston please!) Thank you for inviting me.


Have you visited Goodstock yet?
Thanks for reading :)
Rachelle xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will ALWAYS read every comment and try my hardest to reply & check out your blog so please leave a link :)