Monday

Outfit Of The Day: COMMUNITY PROJECT WITH THE BODY SHOP

Hello Hello!
On Tuesday myself and my fellow body shoppers went to Ashton Park to lend our green fingers to the 'Dig In' project. 'Dig In' is a horticultural therapy charity for war veterans. They have beautiful Victorian gardens that they have completely revamped over the last 12 months. We spent the day in the glorious sunshine, painting fences & planting seeds & potatoes! It's really made me want to utilise the teeny tiny yard that we have but in the bigger picture it's making me want my own little veggie patch even more! Donna who runs 'Dig In' is such an inspiration and she is doing a brilliant job! We all felt very honored to help her with this project and we had so much fun doing it too...

Now obviously I had to make the most of the gorgeous surroundings so I asked the lovely Ness to take a few snaps on her iPhone. So this definitely isn't the most fashion forward look but for gardening it's not too bad! Also you'll have to excuse the minimal make-up and scruffy hair-manual labour chiiic ;) 

Jumper: Charity Shop
Denim Disco Pants-Missguided
Suede Dr Martens: eBay
Hair Bow: Retro Rehab (from the #nwbloggermeetup goody bag!)
Aww my new furry friend, Alfie was such a cutie! Busy being a goon and giving the fence a lick of paint!
Me looking super sexy in my hi-vis jacket! Some photos of the gorgeous gardens!
Donna, Body Shop ladies & the main boss-Alfie!

You can find more photos of us on the day here and if you want to keep up with the 'Dig In North West' events you can 'like' them on Facebook :)

If I had more time I would definitely volunteer my skills for more charities but for now I'll just have to stick to buying obscene amounts from the charity shops to help!

Do you volunteer for any charities/community projects?
Thanks for reading :)
Rachelle xxx

3 comments:

  1. Great outfit - love the jumper :) x


    ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colour sweater :)

    Please check out my blog?

    http://terriface01.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome outfit, especially love your docs <3

    londonandcoffee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will ALWAYS read every comment and try my hardest to reply & check out your blog so please leave a link :)