Wednesday

HAPPY 2013!

Happy 2013 everyone! 
I hope you all had a fantastic night saying goodbye to 2012 and welcoming the new year with open arms :) My NYE plans changed last minute and instead of going out in Preston doing the same old pubs & clubs we decided to go out in Lancaster & attend a vintage speakeasy theme night! I've only lived in Lancaster a couple of months and with my hectic Christmas work schedule I haven't really been able to go out so it was a welcome change! I wore a dress that I picked up last minute from Cancer Research & my sequin bomber jacket from eBay! I can't believe that I haven't even shown you all my new hair! I decided that 'my little pony hair' is my calling so I had it done before Christmas(!) but I'll talk about that in another post. I know I mentioned it in my last years 'resolutions' but I really do want to dedicate more time to Inspired By The Retired as it is such a wonderful community and I know what incredible opportunities are out there for us bloggers :)

 Sparkly vodka, sparkly outfit :)
 I stole a cool hat :)

The motley crew!

So instead of proper resolutions I've set myself a few goals that I think are achievable and fun! Too many people start the new year with a negative list of 'I Must' resolutions which feel too much like hard work and are often 'broken' within weeks! So here are my wishes for 2013:

*Visit London for Fashion Week
*See a live comedy show
*Travel to Budapest
*Go to Lowlands festival
*Go to Dalton zoo & meet the snow leopard & the lemurs!
*Go camping
*Get my first tattoo
*Go hiking in the Lake District
*Visit Brighton again
*Start my own business venture
*Read all the books from my to-read list
*Watch the top 50 films
*Megabus to another country
*Get a paid styling job
*Start project 365! (was meant to do this last year oops)
*Blog more frequently
*Be more organised
*Volunteer in a charity shop
*Do more DIY/crafts
*Embrace Lancaster
*Go to the theatre

What are your new year resolutions? Do you feel optimistic about 2013? I do!
Thanks for reading,
Rachelle xxx

8 comments:

  1. I love your outfit! And it sounds like an awesome alternative to a night out on NYE, I do really bloody miss Warehouse in Preston though!

    Love Tweet x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, sparkly vodka! Sounds immense.
    Nice resolutions, my main one is to take more chances in life!
    Happy New Year :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your outfit! happy new year :) xx

    armariodedanielle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look gorgeous and looks like an amazing night! Your resolutions are all great too, really interesting!

    http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your hair, your gorgeous girl!

    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I do believe this is an excellent blog. I stumbledupon it ;)
    I may revisit yet again since I bookmarked it. Money and
    freedom is the best way to change, may you be rich and continue
    to help other people.
    http://teenmoneymaster.com/node/43353/
    My blog post venezolanas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your hair, such a pretty colour!

    I hope you get to do some of your resolutions! I recommend charity shop working. It is so much fun, I volunteered for a bit and had so much fun!

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will ALWAYS read every comment and try my hardest to reply & check out your blog so please leave a link :)